Labour’s Green Prosperity Plan remains central in our mission to grow the economy and deliver clean power by 2030. It will still be a central plank of our manifesto. It will create good jobs, cut bills and make Britain’s energy secure.
Funded by a windfall tax on oil and gas giants and borrowing to invest within fiscal rules, Labour will:
- Deliver clean power by 2030, saving households hundreds of pounds on annual household bills and provide a cheaper, zero-carbon electricity system for businesses.
- Switch on Great British Energy, investing in clean homegrown power, creating jobs across the country and ending the energy insecurity Britain faces under the Conservatives.
- Create 500,000 jobs in Britain’s industrial heartlands, giving opportunities to plumbers, electricians, welders, and working people in every single nation and region of the country.
- Unlock private sector investment in British industries such as electric vehicle production, ports, clean steel, hydrogen and carbon capture.
- Insulate Britain’s homes and cut energy bills for good.
We are under no illusions about the challenges facing us. The Tories have crashed the economy and the public finances are a mess. We are desperately disappointed that the deteriorating financial situation means we have lost the headline figure for investment – but we have not lost the ambition. There is a global race taking place in the jobs and industries of the future, and we are determined to lead it.
Labour will be fighting the election with a world-leading agenda on climate and energy.
Only Labour will offer a plan for hope with an economy that is secure again.
Only Labour will create more jobs, cheaper bills and investment in our country. That is the change we offer.