Labour has a plan for our schools. A plan for high and rising standards for every child.
Because after 14 years of Tory failure, our children deserve better.
Deliver high and rising standards in early education
- With childcare that delivers life chances for children as well as work choices for parents
- Boosting early language skills and spotting children who need support sooner
Support all our children to achieve and thrive
- With free breakfast clubs in every primary school, driving up attendance and standards
- Mental health support in schools & communities for all our young people
- Improving how data is shared to pick up special educational needs and disabilities earlier
Create a better system for inspecting and improving our schools
- End single word Ofsted judgements and bring in report cards with annual checks on safeguarding and attendance
- Inspect multi-academy trusts as well as schools themselves
- Introduce a new focus on improving schools with new regional teams to drive better outcomes for children
Enable school staff to help our children to succeed
- With over 6,500 more teachers in schools
- All new teachers to be qualified
- A new national voice for school support staff
- A Teacher Training Entitlement for all our teachers
- Everyone in our schools treated with the respect they deserve.
Prepare young people for their futures
- With a broader and richer curriculum and a full review of how it’s assessed
- A strong core of literacy and numeracy alongside access to sports and arts subjects
- A new focus on speaking and listening skills
- Ensuring all our children have the digital skills they need
Equip young people with experiences to get them ready for work and ready for life
- With professional careers guidance in all our schools & colleges
- Two weeks’ worth of work experience for all students
We want to work with you to deliver a Labour Government so we can make this plan a reality.
If you work in education and support the Labour Party, we’d love you to join us at labour.org.uk