Guildford Labour Party It's time for Labour in Guildford and the villages
If you care about affordable and available public transport for you, your families and neighbours in Guildford and the villages, vote Labour in the Surrey County Council elections on 6th May.
Selling off and privatising our bus networks and train services has led to poorer or non-existent transport links and unaffordable fares for the people of Guildford and the villages.
Labour will not allow bus and train services to be sold off, run down and sold on. The Conservatives in Surrey have even proved themselves incapable of handling the franchising process – it was the Tories who allowed Abellio to pull out of their contract, resulting in the closure of vital bus routes all over the county.
The poor train services currently being run under contracts awarded by Tories to Southern Rail and South Western Trains make commuters lives a daily misery.
A Labour County Council for Surrey will:
• Oppose any further cuts to existing bus routes
• Set up a not-for-profit bus operator to replace unreliable private sector providers
• Extend bus routes and the availability of affordable bus services across the county
• Oppose a return to the old franchise system for rail operators and campaign to re-nationalise the rail service.
• Work with the Mayor of London and lobby central government to take over the poor services currently being run by Southern Rail and South Western Trains
• Campaign for London’s Zone 6 to be extended to include all commuter routes in Surrey
We deserve better. Vote Labour on 6th May.