The guest speaker at Guildford Labour Party’s AGM on Wednesday evening was Kye Gbangbola whose son Zane died in Chertsey during the severe floods of 2014.

The family are convinced that Zane died from Hydrogen Cyanide poisoning, probably released by the interaction of floodwater and the landfill site the house was built on.

Despite evidence from the doctors who treated the family, including Kye’s diagnosis of ‘paraplegia caused by hydrogen cyanide poisoning’ and the high readings of the poisonous gas taken by the Fire Brigade at the scene, the authorities have maintained that Zane died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Kye gave a moving and dignified account of what happened on that tragic night and how he feels the family has subsequently been mistreated and mislead, including at the inquest.

Guildford Labour pledged to support the Truth About Zane campaign and demand an investigation and independent panel inquiry into Zane’s death.  For further details on this tragic case see:

Kye Gbangbola
Kye Gbangbola
Link to Instagram Link to Twitter Link to YouTube Link to Facebook Link to LinkedIn Link to Snapchat Close Fax Website Location Phone Email Calendar Building Search