Guildford Labour’s priorities for the forthcoming Borough Council elections
- Make Guildford Borough Council a better listener, a more open organisation and one that makes decisions for all the community not just a few.
- Shift the balance of housebuilding away from expensive big developments towards affordable homes to rent or buy.
- Breathe new life into the town centre by supporting independent shops, cultural activities and community resources.
- Promote cheaper, faster, cleaner travel across the borough.
- Develop arts, leisure and sport for a wider range of people to enjoy.
- Make Guildford a greener borough.
These elections take place against a backdrop of austerity. It has not worked. The government has cut huge sums of money from Guildford Borough Council’s budget so drastic cuts are looming to services such as Children’s Centres and libraries. Fewer and fewer people will benefit from the money they put in to the local council.
There has never been a better time or a bigger need to represent the MANY not the FEW.
Promoted by Sue Hackman on behalf of Guildford Labour Party both at 9b Martyr Rd Guildford GU1 4LF.